Viewers

Google Website Translator Gadget

November 25, 2010

Not a Seafood Burger

This is one of the vegetable carvings I did when I was invited to an annual celebration at an elementary school in Napa County where children and parents participated in a fund raising art fair. It was my  opportunity to promote organic fruit and vegetables at my booth that day. The mayor and wife had fun in the festivities too. Parents bought vouchers for a dollar each for the children to have fun shopping. The carvings sold out and some of the big ones were auctioned and given as prizes. It's rather sad that many children do not eat vegetables or even know how they look like. At least the carvings got them interested a bit. I let the children guess what the objects were made of and if they were right, I gave them a carved apple or orange. They usually want the pair to take home. Can you guess what the mermaid and her bed are made of?
 A true picture of health! Twelve bags of apples and oranges were gone in a jiffy!

Here they obliged me by posing for a Still Life.

9 comments:

  1. Wonderful!!....pure art!!....Abrazotes, Marcela

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woww I have always wanted to try vegetable carving but I get worried cause I'm not very artistic and I don't think i will do well... but hhmmm.. now i'm inspired, hehe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow...very impressive carvings...u have got a wonderful space with delicious and interesting recipes...thanks for sharing...happily following you...

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is amazing! I have never seen anything like this before. This is absolutely a very new artform for me. I also want to thank you for stopping by my blog and commenting.
    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful work of art!!! You're so talented!

    ReplyDelete
  6. so what the mermaid was made of? i thought you were giving the answers at the ned of your post..i can only recognise the 'carrot' hair.

    ReplyDelete

Art is in the Kitchen

Art is in the Kitchen
Arthur Escoto

About Me

My photo
Napa, California, United States