Viewers

Google Website Translator Gadget

January 11, 2011

Insects in the Kitchen

I visited Diane at Food, Fun and Life in The Charente. Saw her amazing collection of all sorts of creeping things. I showed the blog at home and they got excited about taking photographs of insects too and posting them. So we got busy Sunday afternoon and finished in the evening laughing and screaming too. We made anything with  everything in the fridge that day. I found out long ago how to make the children eat insects and enjoy them too. I mean vegetables, of course. Here are some of the selected ones we made.
Here ia a ferocious tarantula eying a red tomato!
Spotted a green frog and took the picture straightaway before it disappeared into the rainforest outside.
This is where someone screamed when the rhinoceros beetle was seen trying to carry away the sweet potato.
A candid shot of a pair of amorous slugs slithering away on the dining table.

A rare butterfly of pomegranate color perched on my favorite tea cup.

This tarantula is nocturnal and thought the ripe pomelo was the moon.
An albino caterpillar inching its way to the cupboard. It is as white as a daikon radish!
A more colorful one but never knowing which is the head or the tail with so many eyes!
A woodworm that looks like fresh turmeric trying in vain to chew on my olive wood chopping board.
This clever praying mantis is posing as a harmless radish!
Didn't want to serve you the insects so I carved these delicious apples for you. Enjoy!

37 comments:

  1. Lovely work, the apples... so nice :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Christine, Thanks for dropping by! The frog is made of green daikon. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What can I say?.....you're the best!!!....I love the apples, the pomelo, the frog......everything!!....however, what I love the best is your paint on the white chocolate (with the carving).....I still admire it!!......Abrazotes, Marcela

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have made an amazing job of making these insects, wish mine had been as tasty :) Thanks for mentioning me. Diane

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ciao Artur! I would like to learn the art of carving! see you later! your insects are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Alucinante!! es lo único que se me ocurre decirte.Alucinante.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's amazing..... incredible!!!!! have a nice day, hugs, Flavia

    ReplyDelete
  8. Genial Arthur, eres un gran ARTISTA, me encanta!
    sobre todo la mariposa y las manzanas.....no te has planteado hacer una exposición? en algun
    museo o en alguna galeria de arte.

    Que tengas un buen dia. Marimi

    ReplyDelete
  9. You really are a genius! I never tire of telling you, to come and looking into your museum ... oops, meant your kitchen:)
    Un bacio.
    Elena

    ReplyDelete
  10. arthur, 3 shouts amazing! amazing!amazing! wish i could have those and get it framed up. i just got fascinated looking at all of them, really..so artistic!! btw, if you really like the fish mould which you saw earlier, i can send it to you, no problem.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Amazing and very creative! Have a good day!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the slugs, it is almost moving. You are too creative.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Arthur,
    the insects you made with your friend are amazing!! Thanks so much for the fantastic message you left on my blog, is the best one I've got since running my blog!!!
    All the best.
    Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sencillamente MARAVILLOSO!!! Eres un artista, me he quedado realmente impresionada. Muchas felicidades.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Arthur your sculptures are outstanding - is this your day job or something you just do to amuse yourself and your family? The photos have brought a huge smile to my face this evening - thank you!

    best wishes, Joanna

    ReplyDelete
  16. arthur, i'll be happy to send you the moulds. pls send me your add to my email wflena@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. I don't even know what to say anymore..these are just so cool! What fun!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Joanna, Thanks for dropping by. You give me so many smiles too reading your aroma filled blog! No, not my day job, but I wish I had a bakery and make such wonderful bread like you! Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a wonderful imagination you have! I particularly like the tarantula and the picnic-seeking ant. A great way to get kids to eat vegetables.

    ReplyDelete
  20. as You know.. I always adore ur arts! this time... even "wow" post!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow, your 'insects' and especially your carving is AMAZING! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  22. sono una meraviglia attento!
    Mil besosss

    ReplyDelete
  23. You are amazing! Wow these are just gorgeous :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Thankfully you ended your post with superbly sculpted apples...because, those insects were downright creepy. LOL
    Are you all this talented in your family?
    What amazing imaginations you all have ;O)

    Ciao for now,
    Claudia

    ReplyDelete
  25. jajajajaj genial!! Crei ke la rana realmente era de verdad! Ke pasada!!!!! Como siempre sorprendiendo!!!

    Besossss

    PD. Me alegro ke te haya gustado el helado, para mi es todo un honor!!!

    ReplyDelete
  26. That last photo, if they appear to be real
    A hug

    ReplyDelete
  27. What a great imagination, fantastic work! They all are super cool.

    ReplyDelete
  28. For a moment (maybe two) I thought the frog was real!! LOL
    I don't like insects, but yours won't be flying around me!
    Beautiful art, as always!

    ReplyDelete

Art is in the Kitchen

Art is in the Kitchen
Arthur Escoto

About Me

My photo
Napa, California, United States