Viewers

Google Website Translator Gadget

July 10, 2011

Stop and Admire the Flowers and Eat Them Afterwards - Plain and Stuffed Squash Blossoms

Fiori di zucca repieni is Italian for stuffed squash blossoms. I always look forward to picking the flowers of the zucchini before they wilt or become overgrown fruit. Everybody in the house  know that we are having flowers for dinner when the squash patch turn bright yellow in the morning. I carefully select the flowers and snip them off the plant but also leave some to grow a couple of days more to make delicious zucchini carpaccio or frittata. The female flower with the emergent zucchini is great with a combination of cheeses like ricotta and grated pamigiano, including goat cheese mixed with minced garlic and herbs.  The male flower I just fry, dredged in seasoned flour and rolled in a slightly beaten egg then dress with aged balsamic vinegar and extra virgin olive oil. Simple but quite delicious I have to say.















Enjoy!







12 comments:

  1. I really must pick some of mine now that you have given me a reminder. Your artistic designs on the plate are beautiful. Diane

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice recipe with decoration and beautiful designe

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice job...Looks lovely on blue plate - perfect color scheeme!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love stuffed and deep blossoms! They're so delicate and delicious! Great photos!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Growing up mom always used to make fritters with these blossoms n I loved it ~ have never been able to find it here where I live n your pics n recipes are making me miss those very much.
    US Masala

    ReplyDelete
  6. I feel so happy on your site.Food can be art and taste good at the same time.I am organic grower too..but hibernating now(its winter here).Wonderfull stuff here and and these blossoms are such a delicasie:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Have been looking around for a way to contact you to ask you something,but could not find any e mail address.My e mail is on my blog site.If you don't mind and have some time to spare..please contact me.Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  8. This recipe is really worth a praise! I am dreaming how wonderful the taste would be! Amazing photographs. I love every bit of your blog. The recipe looks perfect.
    http://cosmopolitancurrymania.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Is it time for squash blossom recipes again? I remember them from last summer and can only look at the computer screen with longing because we cannot get these blossoms here. Your stuffed ones look so yummy, these pictures are killing me! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. these flowers can be eaten?! so all of you have become the human 'bugs' when this is being served ! it's astonishing to know this!

    ReplyDelete

  11. Never Play Bazaar base a tax investment on current tax laws. Do not buy real estate if your turning a profit on it relies heavily on the current tax laws of your state. Tax laws are often subject to change. You do not want to find yourself out a lot of money just because you didn't properly plan Satta King ahead.

    ReplyDelete

Art is in the Kitchen

Art is in the Kitchen
Arthur Escoto

About Me

My photo
Napa, California, United States