Viewers

Google Website Translator Gadget

May 13, 2011

Citrus Cocktail Salad

Here's a refreshing dose of vitamin C in a cup full of flavor that will make the "medicine" go down without sugar. All these citrus tangy and sweet you can put together and make an incredible cocktail enjoyed as it is or add exciting flavors like chocolate mint, candied ginger and star anise. Steep any of the garnish in the juice of all the citrus and pour it in individual cup respectively. This way you can distinguish which one you like best.
Cara cara oranges, mandarines, and pomelo wedges are peeled and seeded. Juice is set aside for the dressing.
The tart ones like the calamondin oranges and kumquat are sliced thinly with the rind and put sparingly. The lemon and lime are cut without the rind and just put 1 thin slice of each for one serving.



Candied ginger, star anise or chocolate mint  are steeped individually in the juice of the sweet citrus.
Candied Ginger
Chocolate Mint
Star Anise

Enjoy!




23 comments:

  1. I'm enjoying it!!.....refreshing and delicious!!........Abrazotes, Marcela

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a delight! It must be very refreshing. Good day

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it, Michel, this ia a great recipe, fresh, colorful...amazing :D!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mmmmmm that sounds just my sort of cocktail-salad. Yum yum. Diane

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Arthur, we would like to get hold of you in connection with a South African food magazine and conference. Please can you send us an e-mail with your contact details to toffie@thepresident.co.za?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your pictures are gorgeous. I love all that citrus!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this citrus salad, it had loads of vitamin c in there.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful colors and wonderful flavor!

    Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh citrus! How do I love thee? Let me count the ways. The way it is in all those glorious photos.

    ReplyDelete
  10. If only all 'medicine' was as appealing as this lovely fruit cocktail. I love the idea of chocolate mint with this but I think my favourite flavour would be the candied ginger with these lovely citrus fruits.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I LOVE your new blog name! I've been absent too long - beautiful as ALWAYS!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Kumquats and pomelo would be my top choices for a citrus salad. Looks so appetizing!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Bring it on, well delicious ♥

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ciao, first time here, and impressed by how well you peeled all that citrus fruit! I have to follow you :-).

    Have a great Sunday

    ciao
    Alessandra

    ReplyDelete
  15. Even in a simple citrus salad your inspired creativity makes its mark; I would want all of the above, (I am crazy for citrus, every day, always) but would adore the ginger one.

    ReplyDelete
  16. This citrus salad has me salivating! Such a burst of colors and creativity....but I always expect that out of you, Arthur!

    ReplyDelete
  17. What juicy pics! Wish I had this salad right in front of me now! :-) Great photos.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thank you, Your writing has helped me,,
    i like this blog,,
    By Lose Weight Fast

    ReplyDelete
  19. Decisamente un'insalata piena di salute! Io mi prendo quella con lo zenzero candito! Bravissimo!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh wow! beautiful, beautiful and beautiful again.

    Living in Florida, I can totally appreciate these citrus fruits.

    Velva

    ReplyDelete
  21. The best things are nice n simple ~ you have proven that again with this gorgeous post!
    US Masala

    ReplyDelete
  22. you know what is happening to me now? i'm not too sure if they taste sweet or citrusy sour but your pictures are stimulating my salivating glands, must go get some water to drink first! see you in your next post!

    ReplyDelete

Art is in the Kitchen

Art is in the Kitchen
Arthur Escoto

About Me

My photo
Napa, California, United States